Thursday 10 May 2018

MOT 2018 - Pass

MOT day again, and a PASS with no advisories.

Thank you to Tom at Staplehurst Tyres for running the test, and letting me take a few pictures while he worked.

Pre-test check on emissions - just to see if I would need any map adjustment. All fine - fast idle locked into 1.01 lambda, HCs 0ppm and CO 0.0%. Perfect, we also checked and adjusted my new headlight bulbs and lens alignment with the test station kit.


Then on with the test proper! 

...chance to see under the car without laying on my back - all looks fine.

My usual slow drips from the diff front end (diff is topped up annually), engine rear seal (negligible - oil change is always 5 litres out, 5 litres in) and a new ooze from the oil take-up filter access bolt on the front of the sump. It looks like this last one is because the crush washer has split - no issue for MOT, but I'll remove, clean and replace the washer when I change the oil.


Brakes pretty even, rears heavier on the offside but within tolerance. Tyres wearing evenly.

All passed and legal for year #6 on the road!
Fantastic.


A reminder for me - last MOT I was discussing with Tom an idea some yellow markers on the underside to show jacking points, apparently Lotus Elise's do something similar - never got around to painting them on!

No comments :

Post a Comment