Saturday 18 May 2013

One step forward - planning

The plan


1. Ask GBS to set everything up and make sure I'm within limits on their testing kit, both sound & emissions - its at Nottingham now so hopefully this will also catch any other gotchas - air leaks etc

2. Contract a firm to deliver the car to Kent

3. Minor changes - remove the spare carrier and re-prep for IVA

4. Re-book a test - potentially with some support from BD locally in Kent - then trailer/to/from test - since i've shot my bolt on chassis insurance & driving is no longer an option


The last question

The one question still in my mind is this tweaking of emissions during the IVA.
I'll be fine if the car is setup and I just need to hold the revs - but if it needs adjustment in the test experience so far is I just make things worse with ad-hoc changes;

I'm ok making changes at low revs - but even there when the mixture was right the revs would drop and ECU move to another site which richened everything back up to prevent a stall.


Wot no pictures!

Makes for really boring posts unfortunately - no pictures - but writing does help me think through the options.

Perhaps I'll change the blog to a 'shed blog' in the meantime - the garage hasn't been this empty for a while so I spent last weekend re-installing insulation in the ceiling:

No comments :

Post a Comment