Saturday 27 July 2013

Fuse box - adding circuits - found the part numbers

I decided to take the dash off once more to:
  1. remove/replace the wiper motor cir-clip which I weakened when switching the park position (twice :)
  2. Add a couple of circuits for my speedo project and engine immobiliser
For the second of these I really wanted to add the circuits into the existing GBS Loom fusebox rather than inline fuses. There are plenty of spare sockets with live feeds from the bus bar, they just need fuses and the right sort of spade socket on the other side of the fuse to take the live line.

This is my fusebox - mounted upside down vs. normal builds due to my slightly different wiring route under my heater. In the fuse area you can see plenty of spare slots many already with 12v feeds on the right hand side of each fuse socket:


Its stumped me for months finding the right part (even consulting GBS didn't turn up a clue)  - but just as I was deciding to jury rig a normal spade connector I chanced upon a picture of the box on someones unrelated forum from a circa 2010 entry, he had a screen shot of the catalogue page...

The GBS stock fusebox is a Delphi part a 'modular fusebox' on/around page 7.2 of the Catalogue

I need to double check but it looks like:

   Fusebox is part #12191544 on page 7.8

   Fuse cover is part #15324032 on page 7.8 

   Pins are part  #12160636 on page 7.4 15mm centreline



Result!

Update - Ordered from Mouser (I couldn't find the part anywhere else), + a locking bar and fuse cover, just to mitigate their high shipping costs.

Update - Order arrived, I can confirm the above part numbers are correct.

No comments :

Post a Comment