Sunday 19 January 2014

Tonneau - studs & one side on

Installing the studs; I have various kinds, where I can get to the back of them its a simple threaded stud and nyloc nut. Where I can't I'm either lining up with a chasis tube and tapping an M5 hole or using rivet on studs.

Windscreen off for access to the scuttle & a row of 6 studs laid out low tech string to get them in a line:

Couple more between the seats, these two are installed in tapped holes in  the chassis tube beneath:

Fitting a side/door panel

Turned out I made the side panels too short - the original size would have put the fixing stud on the wrong side of the dash panel and visible from inside the car. Time spent today re-working the offside one to extend the front edge 2" - it fits fine now; just waiting on a couple more lift the dot bases to hold the bottom edge in place:

Getting there slowly.

No comments :

Post a Comment