Sunday 25 March 2018

Seven badge

At last! 
Decent outside temperatures, no snow, and I'm in the mood for a little tinkering.

I've had the battery on trickle charge since Vienna and run the engine up to temperature every 6 weeks or so but the car hasn't been out, hasn't even been washed. Sometimes the weather and life just conspire against you.

Seven

A chrome 'Seven' badge originally designed for the boot of an Austin Mini installed on the grille.

I wouldn't put a lotus badge on the Zero, it just isn't one nor trying to be one, but I think 'Seven' is now a generic enough term for this style of car. No offence intended to original Lotus Seven, Caterham Seven or Austin Seven owners!

Just need to paint the aluminium support under the radiator black and job is a goodun!

While the nose is off for this job, I need to finish the headlights with a small additional loom, and potentially reinstall the timing belt cover behind the balancing pulley.

No comments :

Post a Comment