Friday 6 April 2018

Accelerator pedal depressor - on the cheap

Time to prepare for this year's MOT at the end of May.

Requirements

I'm happy with the map - but its reasonably new due to the power change re-works and less than perfect battery compensation table. I have to hit the following criteria.

Idle is easy - foot off the accelerator - just tweak the few cells around 1k revs until its in the zone where the wideband can lock it onto the desired fuel ratio.

Fast idle harder - tested anywhere between 2,500 and 3,000 rpm - and requires an extra pair of hands/static right foot to hold the revs rock steady while I adjust the map. Turns out pedal depressors cost on the order of £40 - so thats not happening.

Extra foot

This evening's 7 minute task:
   Some fibreglass poles I'd bought for the roof and never used,
   A block of wood with an 8mm hole,
   A clamp.

Perfect - the wood becomes my third foot...

...the top of the pole clamped to the wheel holding the revs completely static while I play with the injection and AFR maps.

Total cost 7 minutes time and £0 for materials.

No comments :

Post a Comment