Sunday 17 June 2012

Front suspension

I decided to move on with the front suspension and get the rest of the bushes over with:


The kit now has a tube/spacer for the top of the shock, it was too long so I cut the nearside on in half. I prefer this to the offside (later) but still not entirely sure I like the narrow spacer -  I need some more washers anyway so may do away with this and go with 5-6 washers instead..


Offside wishbones in place:
The top wishbone rear chassis bracket wasn't at all square, it must have deformed during welding - its probably ok, just needed a few more washers:

This side was wide enough to take the spacer as supplied (see nearside) however I'm really not happy with this, i.e. no room for a washer between the spacer & chassis, I'm either going to cut down the spacer and go with the approach on the nearside, or replace it all with washers:


Thats as far as I can go, waiting on order of an M18 tap to clean  the top wishbone/balljoint thread & 2x M12 pinch bolts for the uprights.

No comments :

Post a Comment