Tuesday 25 September 2018

Tea and Cakes at GBS

On Saturday GBS ran one of their regular open day/meet up at the factory with Tea, coffee and cakes on tap and a chance to see other cars and builders and for anyone interested to take a look.

I've not done a big road trip this year, weather looked reasonable with a 10% chance of rain and just over 10ÂșC temps, so decided to go. Its around 175 miles each way, good weather going north and made good time arriving soon after 11:00. 

Excellent turn out, the carpark full, immediately met up with Graham who built a Zero in Germany, and then lots of people who were either building at the same time as me, some who had referenced my build and others I've only met online on the Facebook Zero enthusiasts page



The more recent Zeros tend to be painted, or wrapped, plenty of variation in finish and options - Its still a case of each builder producing their own unique motor.


 Credit for some of these photo's goes to other attendees and enthusiasts.

The trip home was more eventful, after a short dash to Worksop and back to see Kevin's build and more welcome tea, the rain set in - by the time I was half way home I was driving in heavy rain and absolutely soaked!

Some of the passing drivers now chuckling with pity at my bedraggled state, as well as the usual waves and thumbs up.

Sunday was spent soaking up/wringing out what must have been at least a litre of water from the drivers footwell. Interestingly much more on the drivers side than passenger - whether that was water bouncing off me or just more puddles/standing water on my side I don't know.

Currently the car is sitting in the sun making sure everything is bone dry.

~300 miles round trip, enjoyed that!

1 comment :