Tuesday 19 June 2012

Hand brake

GBS came through with the handbrake kit which I picked up at Newark.
Handbrake mounted, and cabling roughly in place:

I still have the R clip on the handbrake crescent on top here - later I changed it, pin through from the top with washer and R clip on the bottom so gravity is holding the locating pin in place too.

The cable should also be attached with the top hole in the handbrake, i.e. to give maximum leverage


Clearance for the brake line 4 way above the handbrake cable is tight. Currently I have the 4 way mounted in the existing chassis hole. This is probably why it comes with a rivnut and bolt & will probably get mounted about 5mm higher in due course.

Revised route for the handbrake cable, copied from various other blogs, low around the hub and under/between the arms of the top wishbone. There is a P clip to install somewhere near where my thumb is - but probably not going on until I have the offside mocked up too: