Sunday 4 November 2012

Rear loom & Pedal Box Cover fit

Rear Loom

More time than I expected to finish off the cable routing under the boot space; including wiring up the fuel pump - which would have been much easier before the boot panel was in place. All set now - I'm leaving the boot floor open until I have adjusted the handbrake:

Pedal Box Cover

Rivnuts to hold the lid on - notable here is no rivnut on the front offsite to allow clearance for the accelerator cable (of course I only realised that after drilling the holes, but luckily just before I installed the rivnut :).  An extra rivnut on the front edge to make this rock solid since the accelerator cable outer pulls against this during operation. Not forgetting 4x holes on the back tabs ready to attach to the firewall panel.

I had already fitted and done most of the adjustment on the cover, and this time it only needed a little taken off the outside edge to sit snugly against the side panel. The rivet holes and final fit was all marked up and drilled with the cover's lid in place too.

Bonded and riveted in place:

Making doubly/trebly sure the accelerator pivot bolt holes are in line: