Saturday 17 November 2012

Tidy up

A little tidy-up today:

  1. Double checked where the bonnet comes on the scuttle by temporarily fitting the nose & bonnet.
  2. Riveted the front edge of the scuttle top where it won't be seen under the bonnet, cut the tabs off & filed down any rough edges.
  3. Scuttle removed & a line of bond put around the edges I hadn't already covered, then put back on the chassis to make sure it dries in the right shape.
  4. I drilled a couple of the mounting holes in the nose where it attaches to the chassis top rails, deciding to use M6 nuts/nylocs & washers
  5. Flared the brake line I broke previously and fitted - I'm not completely happy with it though so might re-work before filling with brake fluid

Really I want to leave it all alone to let the bond on the scuttle completely cure - I'm not sure what to do next:

Decide if the fusebox is going inside or outside the scuttle then back to some wiring?

Perhaps start the dashboard?

Fill the brake fluid?