Saturday 25 March 2017

Welsh mountain roads and landfall Ireland!

Saturday is focused primarily on getting to Fishguard and the ferry on time, however on the way an interesting drive planned.

All packed up by 8.30 and ready to roll, passed a barbers in town, so thought a quick haircut would be in order. Nice enough place - young friendly chap running it and a good chat with other waiting locals - however...  time was moving quicker than I expected and I was only on the move again around 9.40.

Welsh Valleys

My route planned to include some wriggly bits of road towards Cymmer, turned out to be some excellent driving right across a ridge, the camera picks up some of the experience - there is no substitute for the Zero's all round view though - especially when theres the real jeopardy of a sheer drop on one side.




By the time I got to Fishguard, including a very slow last hour or so, I only had 10 minutes before check in closed, not ideal! However caught the boat and could eat and relax on the crossing to Rosslare.

Fishguard to Rosslare

Great weather, blue skies and calm seas as I leave Fishguard,

Arrived at Rosslare around 6pm,

Driving casual and making sure to keep my distance, but not look like I'm keeping my distance, past the Irish law enforcement: "yes sir - on Holiday, intending to do a spot of driving...".

Another hour or so to the next overnight stop at a campsite virtually on the beach near Duncannon. and just time to setup camp and eat before a fantastic sunset.

No comments :

Post a Comment