Monday 6 August 2012

Rear panel - level ?

Only a quick check this evening - a little issue assessment: 
    How far off is the rear panel?
    I talking re-drill/fit the entire the shroud -or- can I correct it as I finish the offside.

Issue

Reference is the chassis rail which runs along behind the seats, its sitting perfectly level:

Compared with the back edge of the rear panel - the offside is low. This is with the rear edge and nearside all drilled and cleco'd:
('Trim' written on the panel is a note to me to make sure I put the edge trim in place before starting to rivet anything)

Correction

A good pull about 1cm back on the offside roll tube brace can bring it into line, which means I should be ok, provided I get it lined up before drilling and fully fitting the offside.  I think I just need a brace to prop it into the right place... 

It seems to be ok!  at least no re-work required, I just need to be in the right mood to line up, drill and cleco the offside :)