Thursday 25 October 2012

Interior - seats and tunnel top

Seats

I picked up the seats from GBS. Not currently fixed in because I want to try and find some seat rails which lock on both sides. The fixing centres on the GT seats are 300mm wide and 330mm front/back. Most runners seem to be too short so I may have to do some adjustment.

Nice seats though, ordered with red piping to match the nosecone & mudguards, finally I can sit in the car and get a feel for the space;


Tunnel top panels

Fitting the tunnel top panels, these took a little work - I decided to fix them in place with dome head bolts & 4x rivnuts per panel at each corner. I should have installed the rivnuts before the carpet really since with the extra thickness they didn't want to 'pull' correctly onto the tunnel panels & I wasted a couple in the process.

I also adjusted the gaps between the tunnel tops to have about 1mm gap which should allow the vinyl covering space to wrap over the edge of each one and still leave me with a good fit.


The brown cardboard is a mockup for a T7 heater. It will fit in the space provided I find an alternate location for the fuse box and route the wiring slightly differently. The heater will be recirculating - taking its air in from the cockpit - which I cant see as an issue since its all open anyway: