Friday 28 December 2012

Boot cover

I bought some tarpaulin eyes on eBay as grommets over the seat belt mounts. My original intention was to clip them through the boot cover but there isn't room - instead I modified four of them which will sit tidily around the seat belt mounts and get glued onto the boot cover:

I think it turned out ok;
'boot cover' written on the retaining bar as a note to me not to forget the boot cover must be fitted before I rivet the bar in place:

The rear trim in place; not finalised until I have completely fitted all the boot cover dots:

I'm not intending to fit the Zero roof so the boot cover will sit slightly lower on the panels & I need to make sure it clears the rear wheel arches too.

I lost the light around the back of the car & really need to at least line up the wheel arches before completing this bit -  called it a day.

Note - during IVA the boot is tested 'as presented' so make sure its closed and poppers in place otherwise the studs on the chassis, rather than the smooth popper tops, will be checked for radiuses.