Saturday 8 December 2012

Mice... (footwell heater air ducts)

Time to drill some big holes in the skirting boa... tunnel sides for the heater outlets.

The internal panels are aluminium which is much easier to work than the exterior stainless steel panels, the hole saw made short work of the carpet and panel together. The vents are positioned to be forward of knee position, just above the shin so shouldn't get in the way of driving/comfort:

Passenger side, marked up to ensure I miss the top chassis rail, then the vents just clip into place on the edge of the hole:

Heater air ducts in place. The loom will sit under the tunnel top on another bracket which I've yet to install:

Once I'm sure these are not coming out they will also have jubilee clips to secure everything.
So far though happy with progress. I think the vents are discrete enough not to jar with the overall feel of the car.

I have two more heater ducts to go; and possibly de-mist vents, although I will need some constructive thinking to fit the ducts for them under the scuttle.