Saturday 26 January 2013

IVA Forms prep'd

No progress today on the actual build; however this evening I bit the bullet and filled out the IVA application. Of course - there is a new form as of November last year so my previous preparation had to be re-done.

My thinking is worst case it can take weeks to get a test date so better off put in the application and then delay if I need to rather than wait until I'm completely finished then apply. When I rang VOSA last year they said there was no problem delaying a test date (with notice of course) - but I'll double check when they ring back for the fee.

GBS shared a mocked up IVA M1 with the basic information filled in as a double check, I also got advice to at least move on the IVA application to make sure there is no problem with my VIN number before moving ahead with the new design VIN plate.

I Downloaded the forms from here: VOSA Forms and completed:
  1. IVA 1: M1 Approval application
  2. IVA 4: Amateur build declaration
  3. Nine representative photos of the build: Engine, Suspension, Chassis, Axles, Steering etc
  4. Copies of receipts for the Kit, Transmission and major parts. Signed, dated and certified as copies
  5. One covering note

I'll post them Monday which lights the blue touch paper and puts a little pressure on me to finish things off !

DVLA can wait a little while longer

Hindsight: Keep the revs at max power form entry as low as reasonably possible - it affects the noise test at IVA which is done at 75% of this rev setting. For Zetec 2.0 I recomend 165bhp @ 6,000rpm - which means the noise test will be done at 4,500rpm.