Sunday 20 January 2013

Rear wheel arch trim

The rear wheel arches are next to get on the car, that in turn will allow me to complete the rear light clusters, boot cover & silencer.

Each arch has a run of 'tadpole trim' on the inside edge where it meets the car; first up preparation cutting out the inside edge to let it take the correct curve. I also noticed the trim has one side it likes to lay flat on, no difference to its appearance but probably easier to stick if its on its natural 'lay flat' side.

Preparation

I cut the length about 5-10cm too long & will trim that once everything is bonded and cured:

Mask up just to make sure no bond gets on the arch:

Bonding

Bead of bond, then pushed the trim into it. I didn't need any clamps its so sticky everything held in place without, then ran an old rag around to remove & smooth the excess:





Result

This is the result from the visible side - looks good to me:

Same procedure used for the other wheel arch, then they just need to cure & I can fit them.