Sunday 3 February 2013

Passenger seat & seat belt

Seats up next

I'm not using stock runners; mine have a locking mechanism on both sides & have been fitted to the seats for a while now. Theres not much room to position the seats - I thought I would start with the passenger side.

The seat is set at its rear most position on the runners with the back up against the rear panel should put it in the right place. I marked the holes by slipping some masking tape under the holes then drawing through their position with a pen,

Front pair first drilled to 8mm, then with bolts in the front holes and the seat slid forward on its runners the rear holes marked in the same way. With hindsight a template might have been a better option, and may be the only option on the drivers side due to lack of space. I had to widen my 8mm holes a touch to get the seat in place:

As per GBS instruction sheet, cap head bolt, lock nut under the rail & penny washer. Then under the car another penny washer & nyloc to hold everything securely in place. My wife helped holding the top bolt in place while I lay under the car to tighten them:

Seat belts

I'm using TRS belts, top loops need trim since they are an external part and too tight radius:

Picture of the belt's E mark for good measure - incase I need it at IVA:

Top bolts:

.. bottom bolts - incase IVA man needs to see them, I don't think I need covers on these the area behind the seats is exempt:

The result - smart!

I need to order some more nuts & washers then the drivers side is up next weekend.