Sunday 17 February 2013

ECU

I spent some time this evening adjusting the ECU;

IACV Programming

IACV mapping went ok - the process, according to Emerald's documentation, is to run the engine from cold manually adjusting the valve to maintain the required tick-over & recording its position at 10ยบ coolant temperature intervals.

These recorded points can then be entered into the IACV map, + some extrapolation for 0 thru -20 degrees and another value for startup.

The recording values was fine - unfortunately my engine doesn't like starting without a dose of throttle - even on the base maps - so I need to work on it a little more - its entirely possible my IACV doesn't let enough air in when totally open.

Narrowband Lambda

I setup closed loop on the narrowband for AFRs 14.6 - 14.8 on the existing map - essentially just the tickover/idling  ranges on the power map. The sensor seems to be very slow in reacting - could be the sensor or the averaging settings in the ECU - needs some more testing.



Then - the carbon monoxide sensor went off in the house - whoops - exhaust from my testing was getting into the house. Currently in my wife's bad books for stinking out the place :(    

Nothing finished yet - will try again another time...