Saturday 30 September 2017

Stelvio Pass 2,757m

Heading roughly west today through Italy and via Stelvio Pass.
This is higher then I've driven before - 2,757m and the highest point on the whole trip.


Looking back at the route up, The drive was clear for around two thirds of the way and then I got stuck behind another car so focused instead on the view,

..and near the top - bright weather again a little chilly though!


Then onwards, the descent was a clearer run and more enjoyable than the ascent - I head west still in Italy towards Bormio - my hotel just outside the town, no one speaks english - but everyone very friendly and patient with my poor language skills - I even get the offer of the underground garage to overnight the Zero!

The view into Bormio lower in the valley and a short wander to the old church to stretch my legs.

The Videos page has some footage of the ascent and descent.

No comments :

Post a Comment