Wednesday 20 September 2017

Vienna - final prep items

Prep for the European road trip:

German emissions sticker a.k.a. 'Plakette'.
Looks like these are only required in various city centres and some areas near the Black Forest. For the sake of 5 Euro means I don't have to worry where I drive and if I do end up in one of these low emission zones will avoid risking best part of 100 Euro in fines.

The new reg came in handy after all - the Euro 4 rating derived from the car's first registration date.

...standard headlight beam diverting adaptors,

...and the trip sticker in place on the rear wheel arch.

Also checked:
  1. Engine oil - between the lines, I don't lose this at all.
  2. Coolant level - nice and pink with anti freeze, about a cup full top up.
  3. Differential oil - about a cup full added (expected, I lose diff oil very slowly)
  4. Battery is on charge now to keep it happy
Tyre pressures to go when I fill up with juice then we should be good mechanically.

I had a good 80mile each way shake down run to Chichester last week - mixed weather, no issues noticed.

Weather looks mixed - fine in France, wet in Germany/Austria

48 hours to go!

No comments :

Post a Comment