Tuesday 26 September 2017

Vienna!

We made it - one driver, one passenger (my wife) and GN13.
3 days and more than few interesting places and roads on the way.

Typically the outskirts of the city taking what seemed like an age to traverse - but before the light went  found the hotel on the Danube. Unpacked and left the motor until the return trip on Friday.



Midweek was work, an IT conference, few meals out and a chance to see some of the city one evening. (That joint was between two of us, and even then we didn't finish!) 

Bit of window shopping,  some goulash in a small restaurant was very good!

Natural history museum worth a wander...




Found some moon rock! (very cool, I'm a bit into Space stuff) Boggles the mind to think Astronaut Dave Scott picked this up from the moon when I was about 2 years old. i.e. a human physically picked up a rock from 250 million miles away and brought it back to earth!


Interesting place - but cities are not really my thing, after 3 days of packet conference - noise, people etc - cannot wait to get on the road again!

My wife flew back, so the return leg was just me and the motor - next stop - Italy.

No comments :

Post a Comment