Tuesday 4 September 2012

Tidy up - Engine mount & Fuel line run

Engine mount

The nearside mount was tightened up against both the tube standoffs & the projection from the block casting. I wasn't keen on this - the casting wasnt completely square behind the bracket & I wanted a washer between the standoff tubes and the casting too. I re-worked inserting washers so all the stress is taken through the bolts & standoffs & nothing touches the casting projection:

The gap I wanted between the bracket and casting is visible in this shot:

Fuel line run

With the engine in place my original fuel line positioning was too low & close to the bell housing. I decided to re-route slightly higher which nicely misses the bell housing. I also flipped round most of the jubilee clips to be accessible from the top of the engine bay:

I'm thinking about another tie wrap on the left hand side as a backup:

Well clear of the engine/gearbox now: