Saturday 13 April 2013

ECU - Auto advance: off, Lambda: open loop

Engine runs fine; but I need practice on tweaking the injection while the test is going on.

I went back to the stock GBS Emissions map today and applied minimal changes - only changing the injection corrections table to enable easy starting - by default the engine gets extra juice for 5 turns - upping this to 50 turns and increasing the initial injection produces a first time start every time.

I went through the IACV mapping again and then just tweaked the injection (keys 2-3) during tickover while watching my narrowband Lambda output. 


I had turned on the automatic advance in idle control, this seemed to fight with the lambda sensor when it was set on closed loop; indeed the lambda sensor seemed also to react too slowly and cause an uneven tick-over - only self adjusting the injection every second or so & then to its extreme +-10%. After a lot of trying different lambda options I decided to leave it on open loop and disable the automatic advance too.

Status:

I know I can achieve a stable tick-over at varying injection adjustments, 
I know this adjustment takes me either side of 14.7Lambda using my narrowband, 

but still no way to actually measure the output and check it is within regulation - I need to either find a local garage or run it at the IVA station!

Updated the ECU page with findings.

No comments :

Post a Comment