Monday 22 April 2013

Emissions testing - air leak

I took the Zero into a local garage, H&C Motors Maidstone, to check emissions & brakes. They were really helpful spending time helping me identify problems.

I'm happier now about tweaking the emissions while the car is on the machine; however while I can get the CO levels under control by changing the injection my Lambda & O2 remain high - the garage thinks I have an air leak on the inlet side somewhere so I need to re-visit the plenum & injector seating.

We also ran the brakes through a test, foot brake is fine now on the rears but the handbrake is still weak.

That should keep my evenings busy this week - I'll strip down and re-fit the Plenum, injectors and intake adaptor & take a look at the brake leverage. With hindsight I could have done all this testing before I went for the original IVA ah well...


Another outing in the Zero though; just 5 minutes down the road this time though into Maidstone.

No comments :

Post a Comment