Wednesday 6 June 2012

Brake line routing complete

I've routed the lines; nothing fixed permanently yet for a few reasons:

  1. I'm not completely happy with the drivers side routing; I couldn't get through the top of the steering bracket but need to make sure I leave room for the swirl pot/high pressure fuel pump on the bulkhead
  2. I dont have the handbrake kit yet and want to make sure I don't attach the brake lines to foul the handbrake & lines
  3. Need to test out the supplied plastic P clips with a rivet - I have this feeling the rivet might crush/snap them (it doesn't tested them here - P-Clip rivet test )

Ready to be clipped - it will be tight to the tunnel rail - only moved here due to masking tape:

Not entirely sold on this route -
I covered any corners/potential rub points with clear plastic 'fish tank bubble' hose.


Rear end;

I almost started fixing these then realised; Firstly the passenger side tunnel panels need fixing first - which must wait for the gearbox/prop shaft & secondly at the back end the wishbones have to go in before the brake lines to allow the wishbone bolts to be inserted.

+ see later - I moved the rear 4way union to give more clearance over the handbrake lines Rear brake 4-way relocated

No comments :

Post a Comment