Thursday 28 June 2012

Front ball joints, tap and fit


The M18 1.5 tap arrived so I cleaned out the nearside top wishbone.


 The balljoint thread is a good 60mm long, with about 50mm of that to wind into the wishbone - so I wound in the tap until it was past the fluting: WD40 to lubricate, then increments 1/2 turn forward, 1/4 turn back & repeat:

The original hole seemed to be clean for about 40mm, then either dirty or possibly no thread - its possible GBS don't tap this deeply enough.

I put together the front suspension - nothing fixed/permanent and IVA boots not in place - just really to see it setup:


Side panels will go on much later, when I have the engine mounts fitted - which means the front wishbones will also be removed at that point. I simply don't have the space to prep/mount the engine without getting to rolling chassis and being able to move the car out of the way.

No comments :

Post a Comment