Sunday 24 March 2013

Brakes and Mirrors

Brakes

Invested in a can of brake and clutch cleaner & ensured the brake discs & pads all round were thoroughly de-greased. 

I re flared the front offside pipe, it was originally my first flare and although the fronts were fine on the IVA test I'm much happier with this effort. I was expecting, note the plastic catch tray, lots of leaking fluid - but not nearly as bad as I thought, the viscosity of the fluid in the lines & closed on the other end means very little leaks out during the process:

Once all re-assembled I applied some brake & clutch de-grease fluid all round then bled the entire system, ensuring the rear callipers were fully upside down (meant removing the handbrake lines to do so). I hope this has made a difference.

Hindsight - of course all brake lines should be double flared not single as in this picture.


Mirror vibration

Vibrating wing mirrors mentioned on the test; I re-purposed the large dish washers which are not used on the headlight mounts, adjusting them to fit the inside contour of the scuttle and re-fitted. Its certainly better than it was:

Inside the scuttle showing my makeshift washer:

I understand GBS use custom mounts for the factory cars which mount through the windscreen holes.

No comments :

Post a Comment