Saturday 9 March 2013

Column cowl & more trim

A little work required to route the stalk loom through the original Sierra column cowl; it does all fit though, I added trim over the column mounting to ensure theres no chance of the loom chafing.

I should find out what those spare wires are for on the dash loom; I think (but not tested/checked) Pink is for a starter button, Orange the horn and brown a ground. They are all optional; just flexibility built into the loom depending where you need controls:

The opening on the nearside needed a little adjustment along the bottom edge to avoid fouling the stalk, probably because my cowl came from an different car to the stalks:

The return edge on the scuttle; I don't think its necessary for IVA to trim this since its behind the dash and diagonal chassis tube, however I didn't like that sharp edge:

I learned the hard way first time I tightened the positive battery terminal some months back, got a nice little blue spark as my spanner earthed on the scuttle leading edge. Granted the terminal is not connected/disconnected that often, but with 6" of trim its now foolproof:

No comments :

Post a Comment