Friday 22 March 2013

Rear brakes: correct braking force

I need to keep the momentum going - so at least moving ahead on the fixes I have a solution for - the noise & emissions will wait...


I made a start on the rear brakes; I failed on rear braking force both from the foot brake and parking brake. I'm going to start with the callipers and work forwards - eventually re-bleeding the whole system.

For today I removed the pads & used a little de-greaser then light sanding to ensure there was no residual storage oil. There was plenty of black brake dust so they must be doing something. I de-greased the disks and re-installed everything.

Next step will be to bleed the system & check the hand brake lines.


I want to re-visit the offside front brake line, its not leaking exactly - It was my first attempt at flaring a pipe and while its 'ok' now I have a little time I'm going to do it again. The downside will be removing the nose for access & then draining and re-filling the brake lines which I wasn't in the mood for today.

Note - didn't need to drain the lines, very little fluid leaks out with just one connection removed.

No comments :

Post a Comment