Sunday 17 March 2013

Aux panel final fit

The aux panel should have just bolted into place - it needed a little adjustment due to the tilted heater position & then s*ds law a couple of the rivnuts I installed were not seated correctly & rotated in their holes as I tightened the bolts. I had fitted them through the carpet, tunnel panel and into the chassis tube which was too much depth.  I re-fitted the rivnuts by removing the carpet first then lined up the bolt holes using my centre punch as a make shift marlin spike:

The dash area is almost done; I need to make a decision as to whether I am covering the passenger side leg space & then the dash can go back in permanently.

While I was working on this I noticed the steering column was wobbling...   the bottom bush had slipped out of its housing & with the pedal box now complete it was very difficult to get in there to push it back in place. Pedal box cover came off, brake pushrod out & then there was just enough room to get the bush back in place & its lock washer pushed tight up behind it.

The steering is all back rock solid & smooth again now.

No comments :

Post a Comment