Tuesday 19 March 2013

Nearside footwell covering

My under scuttle area, nearside, is somewhere more cluttered than the standard build due to my heater taking up the central position and fusebox, ECU being over to the left. I think I'm ok re radiuses here since its all sitting behind the diagonal chassis tube - however - I'm decided to cover the area and neaten things up.

This is a 99p door mat from the local supermarket & some 6mm trim fixings from Ebay. 4x holes in the cross rail for the traim fixings to clip into, they are locked in place by pushing the central pin, and unlocked just as easily for access: 

This took me the standard three attempts to get just right, the first two tries ended up being templates. Incredibly laborious process which would have been easy if I'd done it before the scuttle went on and seats in - did end up in the obligatory upside down position drilling the holes (no picture!)

I think it works ok; I'll spend some time looking at it as I drive and see how long it stays. Now I have the shape worked out I can replace with some carpet to match the floors if I need to:

Note - this cover wasn't needed for IVA, It was removed/re-installed during the test so the inspector could see the cabling setup. It does tidy up the space a little though.

No comments :

Post a Comment