Friday 1 March 2013

Bang ! ... well Snap!

I thought I would finish the aux panel wiring, it just needed a ground switch to let me change ECU maps on the fly.

That worked fine, pluged the panel in and tried the switches:

    Horn - check
    Fog lamp - check - but the button didn't light 
    Heater fan - check
    ECU Map switch - check (well nothing to see but its fine)

I double checked the fog lamp circuit - it should illuminate the switch light when its on; it seemed like the light/led indicator was wired backwards so I swapped the pins &

BANG... blew the fog lamp fuse  ... Bother!
I'm not really sure why that happened unless the switch bulb itself blew and shorted?


Took a picture of the fuse layout for future reference, located the bad one, checked the fog lamp bulb is still good, however identifying the problem with the circuit will have to wait until I've purchased some spare mini fuses:

The picture is intentionally dark so I can see all the fuse values