Monday 11 March 2013

Insurance & IVA strategy

Insurance

The insurance is all set, just bar the paperwork arriving through the post.

limited mileage 5k / year, and initially on the VIN plate which will let me drive her to IVA, and on to any garage to correct any issues found on the test.

I can progress to agreed value at some point but to be honest i'm unlikely to be able to insure the car for the build value - my plan is not to prang it :)

IVA strategy

My thinking is I had a couple of options re IVA:

1. Hire a trailer/truck to take the car & have it MOT'd before the IVA - cost of truck at least two ways to MOT, Rolling road & IVA.

-or-

2. Drive to the IVA, then I'll have either a pass or definite list of things to fix. Importantly I can then legally drive it to get the items remediated. Provided each fix has a pre arranged appointment etc.

There is a possibility IVA will not let me drive the car home due to it being unsafe. I hope this will not happen since I have a 10 mile drive to the testing station thus: if I make it to the station in one piece then touch wood there's not  much wrong with the car.

Of course its possible I don't make it to the station and lose my test fee...    

Got to take the chance though - if its meant to be then there'll be no problem.

Route

The route is about 9.5 Miles couple of speed-bumps to negotiate and an interesting hairpin up the hill at Boxley:
View Larger Map

-or-

Current preferred route through the middle of Maidstone & up Blue Bell hill & avoiding the M2:

View Larger Map

Snow in Kent today & 3.5 hours to get home from work @ 4-15mph for 30 miles including getting stuck & being pushed at one point; hope that clears up before next Thursday - my last experience with rear wheel drive and snow ended predictably in sliding sideways up a hill.

No comments :

Post a Comment