Saturday 9 March 2013

Nuts & Bolts - tidy up

Working through tidying up now; first up with the car on the stands:

Seat bolts trimmed, the original length is visible in the background:

I wound up the rear suspension too to try and get a little more ride height when fully laden at the back.

One wheel nut on the disc to hold it in place while I was testing the speedo sensor and dial up to 70mph (indicated) & checking the speedo sensor could see the diff flange bolts at all speeds.

I also have a new curve programmed on the narrowband lambda and for now just on view mode rather than closed loop/feedback; The IACV and ignition priming settings are looking good too - engine starting (mostly) without any welly:

These bolts always felt a little long/close to the wheel rim, so while everything was accessible I trimmed them a little too:

Much better clearance now,  before the end of the bolt was about 5-6mm away from the rim:

At LAST! I got around to swapping the left hand suspension bolt around; including new nyloc so I have offside & nearside setup the same. No need to do this at all other than it always niggled me to have nut rear facing on one side and bolt the other:

No comments :

Post a Comment